Emergency Dentistry in Livingston, NJ
24-Hour Urgent Dental Care
If you require emergency dental care, A R Periodontics can help. Whether you are experiencing intolerable pain or the potential loss of a tooth, our emergency dental services in Livingston can provide the fast and effective treatment you require.
When to Seek Emergency Dental Care
Accidents and injuries involving teeth can happen at any time and in a variety of ways. How can you know if you require immediate treatment or if a trip to the dentist can wait? Ultimately, it will depend on the type of injury, how much pain you are in, and what the risk is for losing a tooth.
Some situations that may require immediate medical attention include:
- Extreme tooth sensitivity
- Severe tooth pain
- Painful or sensitive gums
- Chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Lost fillings or crowns
- Loose or dislodged teeth
If you think you have a dental emergency, please give our experienced professionals a call right away. The sooner you take action, the more likely you are to avoid losing a tooth.
How to Avoid Dental Emergencies
If you are looking for simple ways to reduce the chances of a tooth or gum emergency, Dr. Alan has some helpful recommendations.
Tips for preventing dental emergencies:
- Schedule a dental checkup and cleaning at least three times a year
- Follow through with your dentist’s recommendations for treatment
- Maintain good oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing
- Use antimicrobial mouthwash
- Refrain from using your teeth to cut or open things
- Limit consumption of sugary, starchy, and acidic foods and beverages
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities
- Avoid chewing hard candy, ice, or popcorn kernels
Your Dental Health Is Our Top Priority
Dental emergencies can be a stressful and frightening experience. At A R Periodontics, we are committed to getting you the dental help you need 24 hours a day. If you require immediate attention, contact our Livingston dental specialist to discuss your condition and treatment options.
Call (973) 556-2655 today for reliable 24/7 emergency dental services.